For more than 110 years, The Lutheran Foundation and area Lutheran congregations have worked together to provide our region with highly trained, compassionate healthcare professionals. The Lutheran Foundation honors this legacy by offering scholarships for students pursuing a career in healthcare.
Since 2008, The Lutheran Foundation has awarded more than $356,000 in scholarships!
Eligible applicants must:
- Plan to pursue a career in a healthcare-related field.
- Reside in one of the following counties: Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells, or Whitley.
- Plan to attend an eligible college or university (see below).
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
Scholarships will be awarded based on financial need, academic performance, or a combination of both. The scholarships are for one year and will be for a minimum of $1,000.
|April 15th (12 noon EST)
Eligible colleges and universities:
- Huntington University, Huntington
- Indiana Tech, Fort Wayne
- Indiana University School of Medicine, Fort Wayne
- Indiana University-Purdue University, Fort Wayne
- Indiana Wesleyan University, Fort Wayne
- Ivy Tech Community College, Fort Wayne
- Manchester University, North Manchester
- Trine University, Angola
- Trine University, Fort Wayne
- University of Saint Francis, Fort Wayne
For additional information, contact Terri Kortokrax at 260.458.2112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply for a Health Professions Scholarship
To apply for a Health Professions Scholarship, please use our online application process. The Application Instructions will guide you through the application steps and requirements.
- Review eligibility criteria (see above)
- Download and complete the Scholarship Narrative
- File must be named "1 Narrative"
- Once you have completed the Narrative and have ALL the required attachments prepared for submission, click the following link to access the Grant Portal to complete the Scholarship Application and submit.
- Important Information regarding TLF's Grant Portal
- Internet Explorer is the recommended browser for the grant portal
- It is important that you keep a record of the email address and password that is used to access the grant portal
- All attachments must be submitted in a PDF format
- All attachments must be named as instructed
- Upload each required attachment to electronically attach them to your application
- When all attachments are uploaded your application has not yet been submitted – you have to go through the steps and click the “Submit” button
- When the application has been submitted, you will receive an email confirming submission
- If you need help converting to a PDF please use the Creating a PDF help document.