For more than 110 years, The Lutheran Foundation and area Lutheran congregations have worked together to provide our region with highly trained, compassionate healthcare professionals. The Lutheran Foundation honors this legacy by offering scholarships for students pursuing a career in healthcare.
Since 2008, The Lutheran Foundation has awarded more than $356,000 in scholarships!
Eligible applicants must:
- Plan to pursue a career in a healthcare-related field.
- Reside in one of the following counties: Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells, or Whitley.
- Plan to attend an eligible college or university (see below).
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
Scholarships will be awarded based on financial need, academic performance, or a combination of both. The scholarships are for one year and will be for a minimum of $1,000.
|April 15th (12 noon EST)
Eligible colleges and universities:
- Huntington University, Huntington
- Indiana Tech, Fort Wayne
- Indiana University School of Medicine, Fort Wayne
- Indiana University-Purdue University, Fort Wayne
- Indiana Wesleyan University, Fort Wayne
- Ivy Tech Community College, Fort Wayne
- Manchester University, North Manchester
- Trine University, Angola
- Trine University, Fort Wayne
- University of Saint Francis, Fort Wayne
For additional information, contact Terri Kortokrax at 260.458.2112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply for a Health Professions Scholarship
To apply for a Health Professions Scholarship, please use our online application process. The Application Instructions will guide you through the application steps and requirements.
- Review eligibility criteria (see above)
- Read our Scholarship Application Instructions, then click the link in the instructions to access the Scholarship Application through our grant portal.
- Internet Explorer is the recommended browser for the grant portal.
- It is important that you keep a record of the email address and password that is used to access the grant portal.
- Download and complete the Scholarship Application Narrative
- The Scholarship Application Narrative will automatically download. You MUST save as "1 Application Narrative" to the folder of your choice BEFORE you begin completing the form.
- You must also use the most recent version of Adobe Reader.
- You are not required to use all of the space provided when completing the application narrative.
- Upload the required attachments and electronically attach them to your online application.
If you need help converting to a PDF please use the Creating a PDF help document.